Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shopping Trip...Sept W2

A few things... I went shopping today; Costco and Fry's (Kroger?).

At Costco, I had a specific list and I let no one come with me; they tend to deviate from the list.

Diapers (Kirkland brand = 35.99. OMG, Huggies were 42.99 wow!)
BabyWipes
Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts (frozen)
Hamburger Meat
Krusteez Pancake Mix
2 things of bread (4 loaves total).

The cost? $100.61. Darn! .61 cents over budget.

While getting a temp card (I always forget mine) - they sold me an Executive Membership (2% Cashback). It cost $13.94 until December (prorated). It will cost me $100.00 in January. I did it. #1 We buy gas at Costco. And #2 We buy diapers, and dog food, and birthday cakes - oh my! We will try it out for a year, and see how it goes.

Then... I had to go to Fry's (after dropping the stuff off at home of course). This time, I went $20 over budget. But, it's all stuff I needed, nothing frivolous. I did have a few coupons, and managed to save $31.00 from the coupons and SavingsCard. My total was $93.00. Not bad for a family of 5.

Jr. and the kids stayed home (thank gosh) to start clearing out the garage for the big move. We will be having a garage/yard sale next week (I think). This morning we cleared out the playroom and packed it up.

So, a busy Saturday for us so far.

No comments: