Sunday, September 7, 2008

What are your after dinner routines?

I have to admit - things around our house right now are a bit unorganized. We tend to play "catch up" with just about everything.

It's Sunday night. My husband got home about an hour ago; dinner was on the stove. I had my daughter set the table and then we ate. Most times, I am so tired from work (Monday through Friday, anyway) after cooking dinner, I just want to sit on the couch and do nothing (except for watch television, of course). However, that action is what gets me into trouble. I really want everyone to help out with our after dinner routine. My older two (almost 13 and 9) can certainly help - however, they feel they are overworked. I can see how they would think that, since we are behind on things; there is always something to pick up or put away. I am working on an organization plan for each day of the week. I probably won't be able to create a set schedule, but at least several things that need to be done as a minimum. I also want to create a 'every other week' and 'monthly' cleaning schedule. Who ever thinks to clean the fan blades?

So, what are your after dinner routines? How do you ensure a clean kitchen and clean kids (don't think I haven't thought about knocking it out at once! Could you imagine the suds?).




No comments: